SESSION DISCOGRAPHY * ALBUMS DISCOGRAPHY * SINGLES DISCOGRAPHY

Country and crossover since 1920s and my favorite artists of all genres too...
Any help welcome!
hillbilly@centrum.cz
praguefrank@seznam.cz

Continuation of the blog on address

http://countrydiscoghraphy2.blogspot.cz/



Sunday, July 4, 2010

OJ Hanssen

By Praguefrank with help of http://www.ojhanssen.com/Discography.htm SESSIONS
1985 Experience Studios, ? NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Nils J. Øybakken)
001 KISS AN ANGEL GOOD MORNIN'
002 RHINESTONE COWBOY
003 I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU
004 DAYDREAMS ABOUT NIGHT THINGS
005 I'LL TAKE THE BLAME
006 WHAT A MAN MY MAN IS
007 I KNOW ONE
008 I THINK I'LL SAY GOODBYE
009 YOU MADE MY LIFE A SONG
010 LOOKIN' FOR LOVE
011 READ THIS LETTER
012 WONDER COULD I LIVE THERE ANYMORE
013 CHRISTIAAN NO
014 I WANT YOU BACK AGAIN
015 ADIOS AMIGO
Tracks above issued on album You Made My Life a Song
1986/1987 Experience Studios, ? NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Nils J. Øybakken)
016 1982
017 WHITE SPORT COAT (AND A PINK CARNATION)
018 LION IN THE WINTER
019 CARESS ME PRETTY MUSIC
020 DARK MOON
021 SNOWBIRD
022 JAGGED EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART
023 OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOVE SONG
024 ROSA RIO
025 NOSTALGIA WITH THE WINE
026 ARTIFICIAL HEART
Tracks above issued on album Country Feelin‘
1988 Experience Studios, ? NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Nils J. Øybakken)
027 STAY BY MY SIDE
028 JIM REEVES
029 GUITARS, CADILLAC'S
030 NOBODY'S IN HIS RIGHT MIND
031 DRØM DIN DRØM
032 TRAVELIN' MAN
033 LEAVIN' EYES
034 ON THE OTHER HAND
035 SMÅ TING
036 POOR OLD BROKEN HEART
037 LAY ME DOWN (Roll me out to sea)
Tracks above issued on album Odd Jarle Hanssen
1989 Experience Studios, ? NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Nils J. Øybakken)
038 A BRAND NEW BED OF ROSES
039 HOME TO YOU
040 WHAT SHE DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT HER
041 THE WRECK OF THE NUMBER NINE
042 SEINSOMMAR
043 THE JUKEBOX PLAYED ALONG
044 THESE LIPS DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY GOODBYE
045 MEMORIES TO BURN
046 HAR DU ALDRI VÆRT ENSOM
047 LIVING IN A DREAM
048 I CATCH MYSELF
049 WHAT'LL YOU DO ABOUT ME
050 GI BARNET I DEG EN SJANS
051 THE MOMENT OF TRUTH
052 CHANGE HER MIND
Tracks above issued on album The Moment of Truth
1993 unknown, NOR – Oj Hansses (Producer: Cato Sanden)
053 NEVER A DAY
054 TIGHT AS TWIN FIDDLES
055 CARMEN
056 I KNOW THIS FEELIN'
057 MARGIE
058 CALL THE PREACHER
059 BETWEEN THE MOUNTAINS
060 YOU'RE OUT DOING (WHAT I'M HERE DOING WITHOUT)
061 WE'RE STRANGERS AGAIN
062 TIME AND PLACE
063 WHERE WERE YOU
Tracks above issued on album I Know This Feelin'
1997 unknown, NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Cato Sanden)
064 BETTY'S GOT A BASS BOAT RTA 10017
065 THE OUTLAW RTA 10017
066 THIS COULD GO ON FOREVER RTA 10017
067 BETWEEN ME AND THE WALL RTA 10017
068 PERSONA NON GRATA RTA 10017
069 SWINGTOWN RTA 10017
070 HARD LUCK CAFÈ RTA 10017
071 THE WORKIN' END OF A HOE RTA 10017
072 DÈJÀ-VU RTA 10017
073 FOURTEEN CARAT MIND RTA 10017
074 TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS RTA 10017
075 TEARS IN MAMA'S EYES RTA 10017
076 WHERE THE TRAIL ENDS RTA 10017
076a IS IT OVER RTA 10017
Tracks above issued on album Deja-vu
1999 unknown, NOR – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Tommy Barnes and OJ Hanssen)
077 W0HITE CHRISTMAS [with recitation] [without recitation]
078 HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
079 NORDNORSK JULESALME
Tracks above were issued on EP White Christmas
2001 Castle Recording Studio, 1393 Old Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN – OJ Hanssen (Blue Miller [ac gt], Brent Rowan [el gt], Eddie Bayers [drums], Tom Roady [percussion], Aubrey Haynie [fiddle], John Hobbs [piano/synthesizer], Curtis Young, Dennis Wilson , Harry Stinson, Jonell Mosser, Kim Morrison, Yvonne Hodges [bck vcl]. Producer: Barry Beckett)
080 WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE RMG 8203-2
081 I'M WORKING ON IT RMG 8203-2
082 I LAUGHED TIL I CRIED RMG 8203-2
083 SHE MAKES ME WANT TO BE A BETTER MAN RMG 8203-2
084 BUCKLE UP RMG 8203-2
085 BLIND EDDIE'S HUDEAWAY RMG 8203-2
086 ALABAMA RAIN RMG 8203-2
087 I CAN'T THINK OF IT NOW RMG 8203-2
088 A FEW OLD THINGS RMG 8203-2
089 I DIDN'T SEE THE ANGEL RMG 8203-2
090 I DON'T DO MEMORIES RMG 8203-2
2004 Nashville, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Steve Ivey)
091 YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME
092 ONLY A GOOD WOMAN CAN
093 JUST THE THOUGHT OF YOU
094 PLEASE
095 I KNEW ENOUGH TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU
096 EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY
097 HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER
098 THE SAME BOAT
099 HOLD THAT THOUGHT
100 EVERY BOY AND GIRL
101 COWBOYS DON'T GET LUCKY ALL THE TIME
102 ECHO CANYON
Tracks above issued on album Just The Thought Of You
2004 Nashville, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: Steve Ivey)
103 JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE
104 THE SOLID ROCK
105 CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU
106 ROCK OF AGES
107 BELIEVE
108 WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS
109 THE NARROW WAY
110 THE RED COVERED BRIDGE
111 PEACE LIKE A RIVER
112 COVER ME
113 BLESSED
114 DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE
115 HVILKEN VENN VI HAR I JESUS
Tracks above issued on album Blessed
2005 Big Mama Studio, Seymour, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: OJ Hanssen)
116 NOTHING SURE LOOKED GOOD ON YOU
117 HIGHWAY 40 BLUES
118 IF YOU'RE GONNA DO ME WRONG (DO IT RIGHT)
119 WALK ON BY
120 YOU DON'T KNOW ME
121 NEXT TO NOTHIN'
122 HELLO WALLS
123 IS IT REALLY OVER?
124 I JUST WANT TO DANCE WITH YOU
125 I GUESS I'M CRAZY
126 OH, LONESOME ME
127 I OVERLOOKED AN ORCHID
128 I'M NO STRANGER TO THE RAIN
129 PAPER ROSIE
Tracks above issued on album I Love You (and don't you forget it!)
2005 Big Mama Studio, Seymour, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: OJ Hanssen)
130 PRETTY PAPER
131 WINTER WONDERLAND
132 AWAY IN A MANGER
133 THERE'S A NEW KID IN TOWN
134 IF WE MAKE IT THROUGH DECEMBER
135 SILENT NIGHT
136 SILVER BELLS
137 ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE
138 I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
139 AN OLD CHRISTMAS CARD
140 FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
141 O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL
142 BLUE CHRISTMAS
143 THE CHRISTMAS SONG
Tracks above issued on album Christmas with OJ
2006 Big Mama Studio, Seymour, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: OJ Hanssen)
144 HERE COMES HEAVEN
145 SOMEBODY LIKE ME
146 AFTER THE LOVIN'
147 LITTLE OLE WINE DRINKER ME
148 WHAT'S HE DOING IN MY WORLD
149 IT'S FOUR IN THE MORNING
150 ANYTIME
151 WELCOME TO MY WORLD
152 EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY
153 THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS
154 TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER
155 ABILENE
156 BLUE, BLUE DAY
157 CANDY KISSES
158 MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY
159 TURN THE WORLD AROUND
160 LAST WALTZ
Tracks above issued on album After The Lovin‘
2007 Nashville, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: OJ Hanssen)
161 I DON'T NEED A THING AT ALL
162 WAY DOWN DEEP
163 NO GOODBYES
164 SLIDE OFF OF YOUR SATIN SHEETS
165 RELEASE ME
166 OLD PORCH SWING
167 SOME BROKEN HEARTS NEVER MEND
168 TALK BACK TREMBLING LIPS
169 WHAT I DIDN'T DO
170 I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU
171 SHE'S JUST AN OLD LOVE TURN MEMORIES
Tracks above issued on album No Goodbyes
2009 Nashville, TN – OJ Hanssen (Producer: OJ Hanssen)
172 HER KOMMER JESUS DINE SMÅ
173 HØYR KOR ENGLAR SYNG
174 DEILIG ER JORDEN
175 DET HEV EI ROSE SPRUNGE
176 DU GRØNNE GLITRENDE TRE
177 EN STJERNE SKINNER I NATT
178 GLADE JUL
179 JEG ER SÅ GLAD HVER JULEKVELD
180 JULEKVELDSVISE
181 LANG TID TILBAKE
182 MITT HJERTE ALLTID VANKER
183 (NÅ TENNES TUSEN JULELYS
184 NÅ VANDRER FRA HVER EN VERDENSKROK
185 O’ HELGA NATT
186 ROMJULSDRØM
187 SJØMANNSJUL PÅ HAWAII
188 NORDNORSK JULESALME
Tracks above issued on album Nå Tennes Tusen Julelys

ALBUMS
Experience Studios [NOR] ? You Made My Life a Song:
Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'; Rhinestone Cowboy; I Can't Stop Loving You; Daydreams about Night Things; I'll Take the Blame; What a Man My Man Is; I Know One; I Think I'll Say Goodbye; You Made My Life a Song; Lookin' For Love; Read this Letter; Wonder Could I Live There Anymore; Christiaan No; I Want You Back Again; Adios Amigo - 85
Experience Studios [NOR] ? Country Feelin': 1982; White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation); Lion In The Winter; Caress Me Pretty Music; Dark Moon; Snowbird; Jagged Edge Of A Broken Heart; Oh What A Beautiful Love Song; Rosa Rio; Nostalgia With The Wine; Artificial Heart - 87
Experience Studios [NOR] ? Odd Jarle Hanssen: Stay By My Side; Jim Reeves; Guitars, Cadillac's; Nobody's In His Right Mind; Drøm Din Drøm; Travelin' Man; Leavin' Eyes; On The Other Hand; Små Ting; Poor Old Broken Heart; Lay Me Down (Roll Me Out To Sea) - 88
Experience Studios [NOR] ? The Moment of Truth: A Brand New Bed Of Roses`Home To You; What She Don't Know Won't Hurt Her; The Wreck Of The Number Nine; Seinsommar; The Jukebox Played Along; These Lips Don't Know How To Say Goodbye; Memories To Burn; Har Du Aldri Vært Ensom; Living In A Dream; I Catch Myself; What'll You Do About Me; Gi Barnet I Deg En Sjans; The Moment Of Truth; Change Her Mind -89
OJH Productions [NOR] ? I Know This Feelin': Never A Day; Tight As Twin Fiddles; Carmen; I Know This Feelin'; Margie; Call The Preacher; Between The Mountains; You're Out Doing (What I'm Here Doing Without); We're Strangers Again; Time And Place; Where Were You - 93
RTA [NOR] 10017 Deja-Vu: Betty's Got a Bass Boat; The Outlaw; This Could Go On Forever; Between Me and the Wall; Persona Non Grata; Swingtown; Hard Luck Cafè; The Workin' End of a Hoe; Dèjà-Vu; Fourteen Carat Mind; Too Much Monkey Business; Tears in Mama's Eyes; Where the Trail Ends; Is it Over - 97
RMG Navarre 8203-2 What's It Gonna Take: What's It Gonna Take; I'm Working On It; I Laughed Til I Cried; She Makes Me Want To Be A Better Man; Buckle Up; Blind Eddie's Hudeaway; Alabama Rain; I Can't Think Of It Now; A Few Old Things; I Didn't See The Angel; I Don't Do Memories – 07-01
OJ Hanssen Music ? Just the Thought of You: You're Gonna Love Me; Only A Good Woman Can; Just The Thought Of You; Please; I Knew Enough To Fall In Love With You; Everybody Loves Somebody; Heartaches By The Number; The Same Boat; Hold That Thought; Every Boy And Girl; Cowboys Don't Get Lucky All The Time; Echo Canyon - 04
OJ Hanssen Music ? Blessed: Just a Closer Walk With Thee; The Solid Rock; Can't Take It With You; Rock of Ages; Believe; What a Friend We Have in Jesus; The Narrow Way; The Red Covered Bridge; Peace Like A River; Cover Me; Blessed; Down By the Riverside; Hvilken Venn Vi Har i Jesus - 04
OJ Hanssen Music ? I Love You (And Don't You Forget It!): Nothing Sure Looked Good on You; Highway 40 Blues; If You're Gonna Do Me Wrong (Do It Right); Walk on By; You Don't Know Me; Next to Nothin'; Hello Walls; Is It Really Over?; I Just Want to Dance with You; I Guess I'm Crazy; Oh, Lonesome Me; I Overlooked an Orchid; I'm No Stranger to the Rain; Paper Rosie - 05
OJ Hanssen Music ? Christmas with OJ: Pretty Paper; Winter Wonderland; Away in a Manger; There's A New Kid in Town; If We Make It Through December; Silent Night; Silver Bells; Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree; I'll Be Home for Christmas; An Old Christmas Card; Frosty the Snowman; O Come All Ye Faithful; Blue Christmas; The Christmas Song - 05
OJ Hanssen Music ? After the Lovin': Here Comes Heaven; Somebody Like Me; After the Lovin'; Little Ole Wine Drinker Me; What's He Doing in My World; It's Four in the Morning; Anytime; Welcome to My World; Everybody Loves Somebody; That's All That Matters; Take Good Care of Her; Abilene; Blue, Blue Day; Candy Kisses; Make the World Go Away; Turn the World Around; Last Waltz - 06
OJ Hanssen Music ? No Goodbyes: I Don't Need a Thing at All; Way Down Deep; No Goodbyes; Slide Off of Your Satin Sheets; Release Me; Old Porch Swing; Some Broken Hearts Never Mend; Talk Back Trembling Lips; What I Didn't Do; I Can't Stop Loving You; She's Just an Old Love Turn Memories - 07
OJ Hanssen Music ? Nå Tennes Tusen Julelys: Her kommer Jesus dine små; Høyr Kor englar syng; Deilig er Jorden; Det hev ei Rose sprunge; Du grønne glitrende tre; En stjerne skinner I natt; Glade Jul; Jeg er så glad hver julekveld; Julekveldsvise; Lang tid tilbake; Mitt hjerte alltid vanker; (Nå tennes tusen julelys; Nå vandrer fra hver en verdenskrok; O’ Helga Natt; Romjulsdrøm; Sjømannsjul på Hawaii; Nordnorsk Julesalme - 09

SINGLES
RTA [NOR]
(EPs)
? White Christmas; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas; Nordnorsk Julesalme; White Christmas (without recitation) = 99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Acknowledgements

Thanks to Michel Ruppli, not only for his books which I use daily, but also for a large amount of rare and unpublished data from his giant archive.
Thanks to all my friends - country music fans - in Czech Republic - Vladimir Pikora, Michal Gololobov, Milos Holecek, Tony Foglar, Rene Pavlik and Petr Vitous.
Thanks to Mario Manciotti for sending session details daily
Thanks to Kurt Rokitta for a lot of session info
Thanks to Bill Daniels for sharing a lot of labels info
Thanks to Lillies Ohlsson for many western swing contributions.
Thanks to Dick Grant for many artists files
Thanks to Thieu Van De Vorst for a lot of additions and corrections
Thanks to Goran Adolph for many rare albums info
Thanks to Hans Sandberg for many rare session data
Thanks to Chris Huskey for many sessions info.
Thanks to Kittra Moore for musicians and recording data
Thanks to Dik de Heer for many additions on rockabilly.
Thanks to Luiz Roberto Costa for helping me with the western genre.
Thanks to Wolf Ruediger Sommer, who not only sent me additional data, but is also watch-dog, correcting my typos and other errors.
Thanks to Robert Platt for priceless info on Canadian (but not only) artists.
Thanks to Phil Watson for hard work on Crown Prince of country music discography. Thanks to Walter Gabriel for filling the gaps in track listings of rare albums and various artists compilations.
Thanks to Kent Heineman for many independent recordings info
Thanks to Ken Nelson for bluegrass and more additions.
Thanks to Tony Middleton for RCA session info.
Thanks to Xavier Maire for interesting additions and for info on his website www.bopping.org.
Thanks to Henk Scholts for long time cooperation.
Thanks to Richard Price for miscellaneous session information
Thanks to Carl G. Cederblad for additions to sessionographies
Thanks to Paul Urbahns, Marc Alesina, Bill Millet, Bengt Wahlström, John Morris, Dominique Anglares, Pierre Monnery, Jeremy Roberts, Ben Collins, Alex Frazer-Harrison, K.F.Raizor, Ed Tabor, Mario Wildner, Ole Skjoldhøj, Eileen Sisk, Per Kammersgaard, David Bussey, Bill Marks for rare info on their favorite artists.
Thanks to Reginald Bartlette for info and additions of Columbia custom numbers.
Thanks to Katarina Fromm for various singles info.
Thanks to many others who sent some info - all are important.
Thanks to Richard Weize for his idea to produce projects, which have small commercial potential, but huge value for collectors - I spend a lot of money buying boxes and CDs, sometimes mainly because of the accompanying discographies.
Thanks also to Patrick Milligan, who created many discographies for Bear Family projects
Thanks to Marek Bozickovic for picture in head
And last but not least I would like to thank all who visit this blog - they come from more than 100 countries.